CELTAFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Elementary , ESL to Children ,
Details: We are an authorised Cambridge English Language Assessment Centre based in
Penang, Malaysia. We conduct Cambridge English (YLE and Main Suite) at our
centres, as well as Private and National type Chinese Malaysian schools. If you are
hard-working, dedicated, motivated, and forward-thinking, we would like you to join our
The ideal candidates should have experience interacting with a range of ages and
proficiency levels and apply a communicative approach to their lesson delivery. A keen
eye for detail, good knowledge of lesson planning, classroom management, excellent
time management and the ability to engage students in an effective and productive
manner are some of the key qualities needed for the job. We are particularly keen to hear
from teachers with media/technology experience as we seek to develop our ‘blended
learning’ approach to English teaching.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Teaching Qualification (CertTESOL, Diploma TESOL, CELTA, DELTA, or equivalent)
- A degree (preferably in education)
- Minimum two years teaching English as a second language
- Native English Speaker (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland)
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Able to handle administrative tasks in an organised manner
- IT competent
- Available from December 2015 onwards
Desirable Candidate Criteria:
- Previous work experience with pre-school and young learners
- Previous work experience with teens and young adults
- Knowledge and experience with Cambridge English exams (KEY, PET, FCE, CAE,
Starting salary is from RM8,500 onwards depending on experience and qualifications.
Please send your CV (inclusive of 2 referees) along with a photo and a covering letter
highlighting your work experience in relation to the outlined candidate criteria and job
Due to the high volumes of CVs sent, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Interviews will be conducted via .
Email Ms Tracy, GPEX Central Human Resources.
Deadline: 31 January 2016