Fields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Nursery , Elementary , ESL to Children , Kindergarten ,
Details: JUNE 2016 START AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
• 5 x Pre School for Yangon and Taunggyi
• 5 x Lower Primary (Ages 6 – 9 ) for Yangon and Taunggyi
• 4 x Upper Primary (Ages 10 – 12) for Yangon and Taunggyi
• 3 x S1 – S2 Secondary English Language/Arts (Ages 13 – 15) for Yangon and
• Full time substitute teacher to cover a variety of classes including Pre School (ages
2.5 - 6), P1 – P6 (ages 6 – 12), S1 - S4 (ages 12 – 16 x 1).
• PE Director x 1
• Swimming Director x 1
Come and experience the wonders and be part of the positive and exciting changing
times in the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks – Total are a unique group of K -12
Integrated schools with eight city branches in Yangon and one regional branch in
Taunggyi. We are a registered Cambridge School with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
accreditations. Our focus is on providing thousands of Myanmar children with an
extremely high quality world-class education for a very reasonable and affordable cost
that many parents can afford. We also focus on training and empowering over 350 local
Myanmar teachers so that in the long term they can expand and duplicate the model and
become more self-sufficient which in turn will continue to move this developing country
forward. In the ten years since our founding in the Southeast Asian country of Myanmar
(formerly known as Burma) Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has expanded to 8
branches with over 2500 very motivated students and 350 dedicated teachers and staff
with ongoing expansion plans. All our training is conducted in English and focuses on
experiential learning with high academic standards as well as personal/self-development
skills, creating future young leaders, service to the community and participatory activities.
We also believe in reflective teaching and our instructors and teachers work
collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. At the
same time we also have a strong emphasis on developing, training and empowering our
local Myanmar teachers, staff, and parents.
We offer single academic year Employment agreements but are very focussed on giving
our students certainty and continuity and preference is given to applicants who are
prepared to commit to a 2 consecutive agreements.
• Our salary year is from 1st week of June to 30th April
• Our teacher-working year runs from June 1st through to the eve of Thingyun in early
April of the following year.
• For those that complete a single academic year contract and are offered and accept
a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May. (Paid pro
rata for those that start after 1st June)
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from Bangkok
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• High quality shared house/apartment style air-conditioned accommodation for single
Please note there are no single self contained or mixed couple accommodations
• US$500.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own
accommodation at the start of the contract.
• Free basic house keeping and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional School lunches.
• We cover all local work related transportation costs.
• Basic simple medical cover.
• For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are
performance based advancement opportunities.
US$1600-US$2000 depending on level taught, qualifications and experience.
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand
with a neutral accent. ?
2. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class
training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference
given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in
their place of origin.
3. All positions require at least two full year practical leading and teaching classroom
experience or one year’s practicum as a student teacher in a qualified teacher
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and
a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty. ??
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are
How to Apply:
Send email applications
YOU MUST INDICATE WHICH SPECIFIC POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE
1. A detailed covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you
should be chosen to join our awesome team?
2. A current CV.