English Language Center Instructor
(Equatorial Guinea, Malabo)
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , University ,
Interface Global Alliance
Details: Job Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, West Africa
Job Type: Full Time; 2 year minimum commitment
Salary: contact for details
Starting Date: ASAP
Provided accommodation: YES
Provided travel/airfare: YES
Employer: Non-Profit group, Michigan, USA
About the English Language Center at UNGE
The English Language Center is located in Malabo, inside the National University of Equatorial Guinea (Universidad Nacional de Guinea Equatorial – UNGE). Malabo is the capital of Equatorial Guinea, a small island country on the West African coast. Languages spoken there are primarily Spanish and local languages but also French.
Due to the current changes in the country due to International business investments, the residents of Malabo are in need of an English language program that will help them attain jobs in the numerous foreign companies that are currently creating opportunities in Equatorial Guinea. The English Language Center will be the primary training center serving the communities in and around the capital city.
The English Language Center at UNGE is schedule to inaugurate in December 2007. It is committed to providing a progressive quality English language program under the umbrella of UNGE.
Our primary mission is to develop an English Language program within the National University of Equatorial Guinea that will meet the English language needs of the community. Our course offerings will include well developed and comprehensive English language training program for General English, Business English and International Exam preparation (TOEFL, TOEIC, and IELTS) as well as conversational English.
• English levels range from beginners to advanced for university level students and adult professionals
• Class size limited to 17
• Video/internet access and computer lab with up-to-date software for media based lessons
• Instructors are provided with a unique opportunity to create and develop a comprehensive curriculum and syllabus for every course and adapt them depending on the student needs
• A recognized TEFL certificate
• Previous teaching experience
• Native English Speaker (or speak English with no accent)
• Previous experience teaching in a developing country desired but not required
• Ability to manage the English Language Center and all related projects
• A flexibility of character which permits adaptation to life and work in a developing, tropical country.
• Ability to create community learning programs and activities for children and other adults
• An enthusiastic desire to teach students of all ages
• A positive attitude and a great sense of humor
What we offer:
• Airfare from city of hire
• Return airfare to city of origin upon completion of a one year contract
• Full working visa
• USD based salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle in Malabo.
• Furnished housing
Post New Ad- Reopen
SeriousTEFL 120-hour Diploma Program, Your Gateway to Teaching Abroad
32,000 GRADUATES STRONG
SeriousTEFL courses are the most technologically advanced online programs in the industry and we were the first to offer the courses exclusively online.
Designed and implemented by experienced teachers whom have traveled and taught in various countries, subjects and levels. Our programs practical applications aim directly at the core of what is needed for you to become an effective ESL teacher. This is accomplished by offering the initial know-how and confidence which is imperative for teaching your very first class and continuously building from this platform throughout your teaching career.
Our modules and syllabus have been intensely scrutinized and applied to ensure maximum coverage of all topics, techniques and strategies. Each module covers all relatable material as well as instruct the student of the necessary tools in order to teach effectively.
Graduates that complete our course refer back to the lessons and tips consistently when adding to their abilities and the overall classroom dynamic.
Our courses are accepted and endorsed by over 11,000 schools and educational
establishments worldwide via the International Alliance of Teachers and Employers delegation. website