BA, TEFL, CELTAFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Elementary , ESL to Children , Kindergarten , Pre School Coordinator/Jolly Phonics Trainer.
Details: YANGON MYANMAR
JUNE 1ST START FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
• 2 x Pre School English Teacher
• 1 x Pre School Coordinator /Experienced Jolly Phonics Trainer
• 2 x Primary School English Teacher for Regional Taunggyi branch.
Work and live in the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks – Total are a unique group of
integrated schools, following an international standard of curriculum. We are a registered
Cambridge School with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations. Our focus is on
providing Myanmar children with a high quality education for a very reasonable and
In the thirteen years since our founding, Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has worked
extensively supporting the local community in Yangon. All main subjects are conducted
in English. Our teachers focus on experiential learning with high academic standards.
Our classrooms have interactive digital learning platforms. We believe in reflective,
student centered teaching and our instructors and teachers work collaboratively at all
levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning.
We offer single academic year Employment agreements, but are very focussed on giving
our students certainty and continuity and preference is given to applicants who are
prepared to commit to 2 consecutive agreements.
• Our salary year is from 1st week of June to 30th April.
• Our teacher-working year runs from June 1st through to the eve of Thingyun in early
April of the following year.
• For those that complete a single academic year contract and are offered and accept
a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May.
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flight costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from Bangkok.
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• High quality shared house/apartment; air-conditioned accommodation for singles.
(Please note there are no single self contained or mixed couple accommodations
• Free basic house keeping and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi-monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional school lunches.
• We cover all local work related transportation costs.
• Basic simple medical coverage.
• Ongoing educational professional development trainings and opportunities.
US$1600-US$2000 nett per month depending on qualifications, experience and level
Coordinators/Trainers salary package depends on experience and qualifications and will
be discussed in detail with successful applicants.
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand.
2. You must hold a recognized university degree in your chosen field of teaching.
3. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120 hours of in
class training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license.
Senior Trainer must hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and or be a certified Cambridge PDQ,
CELTA teacher trainer or recognized train the trainer graduate.
4. All positions require at least two full years practical leading and teaching classroom
5. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and
a solid sense for adventure.
How to Apply:
Send email applications to Brainworks - Total Schools
YOU MUST INDICATE WHICH SPECIFIC POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE
1. A detailed cover letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should
be chosen to join our awesome team.
2. A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position at a later date you will need to supply the
3. A copy of your passport
4. 3 letters of reference
5. A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc.
6. Any other relevant documents
Further details can be obtained at
Please note: We will only respond to applicants who meet our requirements.