Creative English Storytelling Instructor
(Hong Kong, Tseung Kwan O)
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , Nursery , Elementary , ESL to Children , Kindergarten ,
Salary: $2,600 USD
Details: Job Description - Book Talk Creative Native English Storytelling Instructor
If you are a goofy storyteller, travel the world, learn Chinese/ Cantonese and get paid doing it, look no further!
Book Talk Language Centre was founded in 2009, located in the heart of Hong Kong, 5 mins away from the subway station. At Book Talk, we teach small groups of children aged 1 - 10 years old English, with story being the centre of every lesson we teach as we believe it is the most effective way of engaging the hearts and minds of little ones.
You’ll be able to experience Hong Kong, the city that never sleeps, and its culture. The city within the jungle. The mighty cosmopolitan that is just a quick plane or ferry for other lovely spots in South-East Asia such as Thailand, Macau, Japan, Korea, China, the Philippines, etc.
Our straight-forward teaching program makes it easy to follow and teach kids
Our position: Creative Native English Storytelling Instructor
As the Creative Native English Storytelling Instructor, you will motivate children through your engaging storytelling, interactive and fun games, and help children find their voice as they share their own stories! Helping children love story is what you will do.
Teaching children through our fun story-based lesson plan
Helping run and plan special events to motivate children to learn
Preparing for lessons and crafting sessions
Reporting and monitoring student progress
The right individual will have a chance to contribute towards multiple roles including:
- social media marketer. As the social media marketer, you’ll join our marketing team to increase our company’s presence in the social media atmosphere. You’ll help generate content that engages students and parents alike for information, or educational purposes. Individuals with a background in the Adobe series (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere) and video editing software are preferred.
- creative coding instructor. As the creative coding instructor, you’ll teach children the basics of coding and robotics to children. Children in this class learn to program their very own robots and program their own apps!
- children’s book author. For the writing enthusiasts out there, this is your chance to create engaging stories that will be printed, published, and loved by all! For aspiring authors out there, now is your chance to share your stories with the world.
- children’s story illustrator, and media creator. For the artistically inclined, your work will engage and awe the little ones by giving them visual stimulation for the stories they hear. Using different methods (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and/ or other video editing software) including sketches by hand.
- event coordinator. As the event coordinator, you’ll help bring plan and/ or organize fun events for children making special days like birthdays, storytelling sessions, open houses operate smoothly and in a lively manner.
- multi-sports coach and instructor. Little ones have lots of energy, and we want to help children express themselves and channel their energy productively through sports, which may or may not include football (soccer), handball, tag, capture the flag, red rover, etc. indoors or outdoors.
Subjects: children’s stories, phonics and writing
Location: Hong Kong
Contract duration: 1 year
Class size: 3 to 7 students class, one-on-one teaching
Start Date: flexible/ continuously hiring
Great chance to get paid international work experience and see the world at the same time
A love of teaching kids is essential.
Must possess a clean background check
A university degree is an asset
Candidates without teaching experience are welcome to apply
Must be prepared to inspire children through story
Decent working knowledge of computers is essential (especially MS office, Google Suite, etc.)
Must possess a valid passport
Must be willing to relocate to Hong Kong for the duration of the work term
Shorter work-terms may be considered on a case-by-case basis (we have internship openings)
Salary and benefits:
$18,000 - $22,000 HKD/ month subject to experience and qualifications
10 days annual leave + statutory holidays
Willing to discuss housing and flight assistance
How to apply:
Please send the following documents
Resume / CV
A recent photo
Your Skype ID
A copy of your highest education completed (university degree, high school diploma, etc.)
We’ll assist with the visa process
Post New Ad- Reopen
ACADEMIC MATHS, SCIENCE, AND ENGLISH TEACHERSEMG Education is looking for skilled and dedicated teachers who are enthusiastic about creating engaging and interactive lessons. We have the largest community of teaching expats within Vietnam, and we provide a safe and rewarding experience for our new teachers. Vietnam is a country that has handled the COVID-19 pandemic very well amidst difficulty, where the majority of people have been able to return to normalcy. This is a unique experience that allows our teaching staff to broaden their horizons in a professional manner.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Category: Academic Maths, Science, and English
Job type: Full time, day time working hours
Competitive contracted salary;
Transport to and from teaching locations provided by the company;
Up to 23 paid holidays per year – 11 public holidays and 12 days annual leave;
Health and social insurance according to the Vietnamese applicable law;
The opportunity to travel and live in a foreign country, under a very controlled pandemic, and learn about a new culture.
Teach English, Maths, and Science for students from primary to high school level;
Create engaging and effective lesson plans based on the curriculum plans provided;
Actively participate in the production and sharing of learning resources with teaching colleagues working at EMG;
Monitor students’ progress and provide regular reports regarding their participation and progress;
Create multi-faceted lessons that engage students and develop their team working, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Be a native-speaker and hold a valid passport from English-speaking countries;
Have completed a four-year program university (B.A., B.S., et cetera);
Have an accredited TESOL, CELTA, or TEFL certificate;
Have a clear background check;
Have experience working in academic environment;
Possess qualities of diligence, flexibility, open-mindedness, cultural sensitivity and patience.
Please include the following with your application:
Statement of intent/cover letter
Copy of degrees, certificates
Scan of information passport page
Updated criminal record check
A recent photo
All employees are required to follow COVID-19 restrictions as per Vietnam law, including masks and mandatory quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam. APPLY
Certified Online English TeachersWe are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate online English teachers to coach, tutor, and help students achieve their language learning goals.
Join a fast-growing community of over 200,000 students all over the world!
Work from wherever you are, at your own schedule... No more time wasted commuting, adjusting to other people's schedules or being managed by others. At Preply, you will be your own boss.
How to apply:
- Click “Apply” on the Preply platform to be redirected to the registration page
- Write a short description about yourself
- Upload your best headshot
- Describe your strenghts as a tutor
- Record a short video introduction to let students get to know you (up to 2 minutes long)
- Upload your certifications
- Set up your availability
Once registered, the Preply team will evaluate your profile and activate it within 3 working days. As easy as that!
What you will do:
- Teach English to Preply worldwide students
- Follow Preply lesson plans or create your own when not availabe
- Make sure to update your availability on Preply calendar
- Make sure you are punctual to your lessons
- Participate in our free webinars to get the most of the platform
- Enjoy your time as a Preply tutor!
- Proficiency in English
- University degree, English Certificate CELTA / DELTA or equivalent qualification in English language teaching
- Experience teaching 1-on-1 online classes with proven results
- Experience creating assessments and tests (Preply will provide a placement test and check-in tests)
- Be energetic, patient, responsible and cheerful (we're a truly lovely bunch!)
- Provide comprehensive materials and resources to meet students’ needs
- Have a high-speed internet connection
What's in it for you:
- You set the price! Choose your hourly rate
- Teach at your own schedule, from wherever you are
- Access to over 200,000 students from all over the world
- Get tutor support from Preply’s Customer Service
- Access to Preply’s platform for tutors: check your performance, payment integration, Google Calendar synchronisation, training webinars, courses, and so much more!
Being a Tutor on the Preply platform means you are subject to Preply's Terms of Service, which you will be able to access on our website.
32,000 Graduates StrongWhat differs SeriousTEFL from all others?
Our genuine Job Board where schools confidently hire our graduates!
SeriousTEFL courses are the most technologically advanced online programs in the industry and we were the first to offer the courses exclusively online.
Designed and implemented by experienced teachers whom have traveled and taught in various countries, subjects and levels. Our programs practical applications aim directly at the core of what is needed for you to become an effective ESL teacher. This is accomplished by offering the initial know-how and confidence which is imperative for teaching your very first class and continuously building from this platform throughout your teaching career.
Techniques for Teaching Comprehension
Techniques for Teaching Pronunciation &; Vocabulary
Techniques for Expressing Ideas to English from any language
Techniques for Teaching Idioms
Teaching Techniques for Writing
How to find & teach your own students(private accounts)
Classroom Preparation & Teaching Tips
Teaching Business English
*Diploma Final Exam website