Bachelor’s degree or higher from an Ivy League UniFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Curriculum Developer , Essay advisor Salary:
Job Title: Essay advisor, Full-time or Part-time
Location: Wuhan - China
Start Time: March 2019
Wuhan Britain-China School is now hiring an Essay advisor with relevant working experience to join us in March 2019.
Job description and responsibilities:
• Working with students to craft stellar admissions essays
• Staying in constant contact with students, scheduling regular check-ins throughout the process
• Maintaining a steady pace to ensure that students meet all application deadlines
• Helping students stay organized and writing all of their essays as efficiently as possible
• Helping students to practice admission interview tips and techniques, offering mock interviews
Requirements & Benefits:
You must be:
1. Native English speaker;
2. Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an Ivy League University;
3. At least 2 years’ experience in retouching students personal essays and helping them with the college application;
4. Familiarity with the admission process in the United States and in-depth knowledge of university rankings, admission requirements, and application procedures;
5. Strong public speaking and communication abilities in addition to strong writing, editing and organizational skills;
6. Commitment to education and a passion for working with high school students;
7. Eligible for a Chinese Z visa;
8. Have a clean criminal background.
- competitive salary package with benefits
Jessie Liu, HR Supervisor
When applying, please send a letter of interest which should include a brief CV listing all relevant experience and a clear scanned copy of your passport page.
Established in 2000, Wuhan Britain-China School (WHBC) is widely recognized as a pioneer of the international education in Midwest China. WHBC offers complete and integrated international programmes include CIE IGCSE and A Level, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP), Advanced Placement (AP) and NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY). Within the past decade, over 3000 graduates have acquired offers from top-ranking universities of the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Israel, Singapore, Hong Kong and a total of 15 countries and regions. 80% of our graduates were admitted to the top 100 universities in the world. These universities include Oxford, Cambridge, Chicago, Cornell, the University of Notre Dame, Washington University in St. Louis, the University of California Berkeley, Toronto, McGill, Sydney, Melbourne, the University of Hong Kong and many other prestigious universities. Through an 18-year devotion to education and persistence, offers from the top universities in the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia have established WHBC as the No.1 ranked school in Hubei Province. The number of offers from Oxford and Cambridge ranks No.1 in Midwest China.
WHBC, the first Chinese high school IELTS testing center, is also the sole SSAT testing center in Central China, and authorized testing center for A level, IBDP and IFY courses. As for its teaching philosophy, WHBC advocates the ideal of an international high school curriculum complementing standard language tests. More than 50% of students have achieved remarkable results of IELTS-7.0 and TOEFL-100 and above. To safeguard its high record of students’ admission into prestigious overseas universities, WHBC has registered as a member of UCAS, Naviance and NACAC. Meanwhile, as a pioneer in introducing academic international contests to Wuhan, WHBC has successively authorized the examination centers for 20 international contests, including the American Regions Mathematics League contest, the AAPT Physics Bowl contest, the American Biology Olympics contest, National Economics Challenge, the British Physics Olympiad, the Rising Star China Chemistry Challenge held by Royal Society of Chemistry and Hypatia Contest of University of Waterloo, with WHBC students performing excellently in each of those competitions. While students enhance their academic performance continuously, they are also improved from the perspectives of thinking modes and moral education through various on and off campus activities. WHBC has attracted more than 200 faculty members to join its staff, due to its unique foreign atmosphere and strategic development. Both excellent teaching faculty and a professional counseling admission team constitute an integrated and high-quality teaching system.
Over the past 18 years, WHBC has been highly regarded as an elite school and a leader in the field of education in Hubei. In the future, we will maintain our absolute commitment to the highest standards of professionalism in all we undertake, and dedication to cultivating the best and brightest with international perspectives.