BA English or BA English Lit or BA TESOLFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , ESL to Children , Kindergarten , Salary:
English Educational Centre has a full time teaching vacancy for a FEMALE ESL TEACHER
EEC is a small British / Saudi family run modern centre in the capital city of Riyadh. Being in Riyadh there are a lot of opportunities for teachers to go to Dubai or Bahrain for a weekend break, there is also a large expat community that organizes fun and interesting events as well as a lot of travel companies that arrange weekend or day trips to the dessert and other places around Saudi.
As a centre we pride ourselves on our ability to offer our students very individual attention as our class sizes only go up to twelve students per class. This also means that our instructors are not over loaded at any time. The centre caters for female adult learners who attend classes for a wide range of reasons; they include professionals, housewives and women wishing to improve their opportunity of gaining employment. Our instructors are responsible for facilitating the acquisition of English language within an engaging learning environment to help our learners achieve their language goals.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 26 contact hours per week
• Teach General English (at all levels both adults & YL + IELTS prep courses)
• Produce effective lesson plans and supplementary learning materials
• Write informal assessments
• Invigilate and otherwise participate in students’ assessment
• Participate in student level placement testing
Salary and benefits
• Salary SAR10,000 - SAR12,000 depending on qualification & experience.
• Free housing provided (not shared)
• Free transportation (to and from the centre)
• Visa costs and work permit paid
• Heath insurance given
• End of contract bonus
• Annual paid vacation plus round tickets home yearly
• 30 days holiday per year
• Plenty of opportunities to take long weekends in Bahrain or the UAE
• One year renewable contract
• Applicants must be female
• Bachelor’s degree in English or TESOL
• CELTA (TESOL, TEFL and TESL qualifications are also acceptable) the certification must have been completed in class with a minimum of 120 hours with at least 6 hours of observed teaching) No online certs.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of teaching experience.
• Non-native English speakers should present IELTS 9 Academic for contract confirmation.
• Ability to respond positively to a changing environment
• Performance-driven enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills
• Must hold UK or USA passport (due to visa restrictions)