THIS EMPLOYER IS ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICANTS CURRENTLY LOCATED IN
United States of America
Must have a legal working status for United States of America to apply!Required Degrees:
Bachelor’s DegreeFields of Expertise:
High School , Math/Physics , Salary:
High School Math Teacher – Full Time, Great Pay & Benefits, Rewarding Employment
Black Mountain Academy is a therapeutic boarding school for high school boys with learning differences in Black Mountain, NC that offers teachers creative, fulfilling, and rewarding work.
The School: Black Mountain Academy is a year-round, small, nurturing therapeutic boarding school. We specialize in supporting adolescent males in grades 9th-12th, who struggle with social skills, emotional regulation, processing speed delays, and finding success in more traditional academic environments.
Most our students have been diagnosed with some type of neurodevelopmental concern including autism spectrum disorder, level 1 (sometimes referred to as “high functioning autism” or “Asperger’s”), Social-Pragmatic Communication Disorder, Executive Functioning Disorder, ADHD, Anxiety, or Depression.
Our goal is to create an environment in which each student develops the skills and self-efficacy necessary to thrive across their lifespan in the world.
The Role: We are looking for a full time High School Math Teacher for our year-round therapeutic boarding school. We are seeking a candidate with experience teaching high school mathematics, experience working with students with learning disabilities, enthusiasm for providing integrative lessons and a passion for real-world integration.
• Great attitude, creativity, and enthusiasm required!
• Teaching experience required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Year-round teaching, including a summer semester.
• Experience teaching students with learning differences.
• Teaching licensure preferred.
• A talented and fun team!
• Competitive Pay and Benefits.
• Paid Days Off: We offer a week-long break at the end of every semester, a holiday break week, as well as seven paid holidays.
• 401K matching funds after 6 months of employment.
To Apply: Email your Cover Letter and a Résumé.