Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, English, TESOLFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Curriculum Developer , Adult education Salary:
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated manager with English Teaching experience to join our Jinhua Polytechnic Wintec International College (JPWIC).
The JPWIC is based at, and operated within, Jinhua Polytechnic and delivers 6 diploma programmes to almost 1000 students.
Employed by Wintec to manage the delivery of its programmes within the college, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of approximately 18 English Language and Specialisation Teachers ensuring an engaged, high-performing and stable team. You will also provide relief English teaching as needed.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Facilitate the development of teaching and assessment materials for the English language programme.
• Manage and coordinate timetabling with all stakeholders, including the Wintec and the International College
• Manage and coordinate academic systems and process between both organisations
Lead and Manage Staff
• Create a positive and supportive environment in which staff are engaged and high performing
• Provide leadership and management in teaching quality, including undertaking teaching observations and providing teacher development
• Manage and oversee staff welfare including living environment and standards, office, supply and equipment and teaching environment
• Provide an effective communication channel between Wintec, Wintec’s international college staff and Jinhua Polytechnic staff.
• Manage Wintec’s reputation in Jinhua
We are looking for someone whose values and approach are aligned to Wintec’s and who has:
• experience managing a diverse group of teachers in a complex environment
• experience coordinating programmes internationally (preferably in China) at the operational level and at times very hands-on. An understanding of the NZ educational environment would be useful
• demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and positive relationships with staff, partners and colleagues, and to influence people
• a management or leadership qualification
• a Degree in English/Linguistics/Literature and a CELTA, TESOL or TEFL or similar
• a teaching qualification
We are looking for a person who wants to happily settle and build a life in China for a period of time, someone who is resilient, flexible and can successfully manage ambiguity. We believe this is a unique opportunity to work for, and be supported by, a New Zealand institution while being embedded in a Chinese Polytechnic. This is a fixed term role for a term of up to 2 years as agreed.
If this sounds like you then apply today!