BA or aboveFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Nursery , Elementary , Curriculum Developer , ESL to Children , Kindergarten , French , Science , Math/Physics , Salary:
WASS welcomes any teachers who are passionate about education.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- International working environment
- Competitive salary and a full package of insurance
- Salary increase annually for excellent performance
- 210 working days
- Public holidays, annual leave and sick leave
- Setup of a local bank account
- Lunch allowance and coffee
- Assistance acquiring Work Visa, Work Permit
- 2 years contracts, with the possibility to stay longer
- Flight ticket after finishing 1-year contract
- PD training
- Field trips
. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To teach diligently and faithfully the classes or subjects assigned to the Teacher by the Principal by the School’s yearly schedule as published by the School.
- Create a lively, communicative atmosphere in class which is conducive to teaching and learning.
Learning and Ethic:
- Encourage diligence, organization, responsibility, self-reliance, co-operation, teamwork, honesty, understanding, and tolerance in students.
- Ensure appropriate behavior of students in class and around the school.
- To ensure that the attendance of pupils for every school day is recorded in the teacher portal supplied by the School.
- Maintain student records in accordance with the school policies and the guidelines issued by the Viet Nam MOET, Ministry of Education and the Western Australia School Curriculum and Standard Authority. This includes assessment records, progress records, classroom planning records (such as a daily planner), curriculum planning, as designated, attendance information, curriculum scope, and sequence.
- To prepare and submit teaching plans in advance on dates (including afterschool activities plan, unit plans, and lesson plans) in consultation with the Principal or the Teacher’s line managers and in the format according to school policy;
- To carry out preparation activities to ensure effective teaching and learning strategies;
- To carry out the duties of the Teacher according to such timetable and school year calendar or calendars applicable thereto, to make the calendar or calendars and the timetable accessible to the pupils and their parents.
Assessment and reports:
- Write, supervise and mark tests and exams as appropriate; produce weekly, end of term, yearly, transfer and other necessary reports, as required by the Principal.
- Follow all the assessment and evaluation strategies established by the school.
- Ensure that student is doing, to the best of their ability, classwork, homework and coursework, and that it is up-to-date and marked, correct all student assignments regularly and promptly.
- Review student progress weekly and, where appropriate, provide additional academic assistance for students as an extension to the instructional part of the day;
- To participate under the direction of the Principal in ongoing promotional activities of the school as developed by the School and the Public Relations / Admissions Office of the School; - - Attend assemblies, meetings, Parent Evenings, presentations and events, including on Saturdays, as required
- Parent-teacher meeting: be available for all parent‐teacher conferences, inform parents of students progress by way of report cards and, where necessary, letters or individual meetings
- To participate in a program of activities other than classroom instruction that advance student; education and education-related goals, and includes but is not limited to activities having to do with school-related sports, arts, and cultural activities;
- Cover for absent colleagues when necessary.
Duties as assigned by the BoD and HoS
• Native speakers (clear accent)
• Bachelor or Master Degree in English, Maths, Science, Music, Art
• CELTA, TESOL, IB Diploma, TEFL and/or an Education/Teaching certificate
• Cooperative, responsibility and enthusiastic teacher for all ages with creative teaching techniques
• Able to work in Ho Chi Minh City].