Bachelors Degree required for visa purposesFields of Expertise:
Nursery , Elementary , Kindergarten , Summer Camps , Sports, Swimming, Primary, Early Years Salary:
Kensington Learning Space (KLS) : K Aqua Space
KLS is a brand new forward thinking learning space situated in the west of Bangkok City. Only a short distance (10 minutes) from the BTS (Sky train) with easy access to the world-famous, historic and vibrant city of Bangkok! The area and local community is steeped in Thai tradition, set in lush greenery with a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere.
The purpose built space with a futuristic design aims to offer innovative, creative learning in a fun way. The Space is part of the Kensington community, which includes an award winning kindergarten school next door. Whilst Kensington International Kindergarten continues to attract government and educational attention from throughout SE Asia, KLS aims to not only complement our Kensington community but also accomplish something very different and very unique.
At KLS, we offer our K | Aqua Space, which is our swimming academy. We will be teaching swimming lessons from babies up to 9 year old students. Our purpose built pool space design is unique with first class facilities. The pool is semi indoors and specially designed to teach swimming. It is heated to an optimum 33 degrees. The pools have a salt chlorination system with UV sanitisation to provide hygienic, low odor/low irritant water.
Position: Aquatics Teacher / Coach
We are looking for friendly, professional and enthusiastic individuals. Applicants should have a passion for teaching and love children as some are as young as 6 months old. You must have a passion for swimming and making children feel and act safe in and around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
You will provide swimming instruction primarily to infants and school aged children as set out in K | Aqua Space program. The aim of the program is to provide professional
instruction and a safe environment in which students learn and actively participate.
• Only Native English speakers e.g. United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa will be considered.
• Applicants must have a passion for teaching and love working with young children, Fluent in English Speaking.
• Current First Aid and Current CPR Certificate is essential.
• ASCTA certification or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics.
• A swimming teaching qualification would be a great advantage, although training will be given to the successful applicant.
• At least 12 months experience teaching swimming to children
• Must have a passion for the water and working with children.
• Must be able to be in the pool 4 hours consecutively during the teaching day.
• Smile and have fun during the entire shift. Assure that the last student gets the same enthusiasm as the first student.
• Constantly stay abreast of industry trends and new stroke techniques.
• Knowledge of general safety rules and precautions related to a swimming pool environment.
• Must have a professional demeanor and appearance when working with clients.
• Ability to work in a positive way with a wide range of students with special needs and varying ages.
• Use appropriate communication skills in dealing with both children and adults.
• Must have ability to perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which includes lifting, loading, unloading, and ability to maneuver up to 40 lbs.
• Dependable motor vehicle transportation a must.
• Ability to work in and around swimming pools with exposure to chlorinated and chemically treated water.
• Knowledge of methods of rescue, life saving techniques, artificial respiration, and first aid a plus.
Skills & Attributes:
● Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
● Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
Working hours:. Classes will run on a Saturday and Sunday with the school closed on a Monday. Our class will occur on a 4 term cycle. Our KLS working calendar can be discussed in more detail during the interview process. Our Working days are 5 days per week (3 weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday). Total hours of working is 38 hours per week.
Remuneration: The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits based on their experience and qualifications. This will include:
● Competitive salary (THB 40,000) dependent on experience and qualification
● Free Lunch provided during working days
● Medical insurance
● 30 days paid ho