US-China Business & Culture Exchange, Inc.
Bachelor’s degreeFields of Expertise:
University , Salary:
Two (2) Business Administration Instructors - Finance and E-commerce at Shangqiu Normal University, China
Working Title: Business Administration Instructors of Finance & E-Commerce at Shangqiu Normal University
Classification: Contracted Instructor; Full-Time Academic Term: Spring Term 2020 & Fall Term 2021
Contract Length: 16 weeks per semester teaching position in Shangqiu, China at Shangqiu Normal University.
Travel Dates: Depart U.S.: Between February 7th-9th, 2020
Departure Date: June 26th, 2020. Return to SNU in the Fall Term 2021 (September 1st, 2020)
Job Summary / Basic Function: Full-time instructor for the Spring 2020 term and Fall 2021. Finance instructor will teach: Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Accounting, Financial Accounting, and English Writing. E-Commerce instructor will teach: Introduction to E-Commerce, Marketing, Computer Networks, Principles of Management, and the fundamentals & Practice of Network Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide high quality, student-centered business administration course instruction in China according to established course outlines and student learning outcomes to maximize student learning. Teaching methodologies should reflect current best practices in the field.
• Prepare syllabi with course calendar using provided course syllabus template.
• Create supplementary teaching and assessment materials, as necessary, to facilitate instruction.
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives through assignments, projects, discussions, and examinations.
• Communicate with students regarding their performance and maintain weekly office hours.
Institution: Shangqiu Normal University
Location: Shangqiu, Henan Province, China
Category: Faculty - Liberal Arts – Finance & E-Commerce
Application Due: 1/10/2020
Type: Full-Time Position
Salary: 24000 USD
List of Compensation:
• Salary at $24,000
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Travel stipend on flights
• Reimbursement of medical check-up
• Airport pick-up and drop-off
• Supplemental Travel & Health Insurance
List of Other Benefits:
• Pre-departure orientation
• Visa preparation
• Trip Management via Travel Registry
• Arrival orientation
• Assign a teaching assistant
REQUIRED: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or other closely related field. The candidate must demonstrate teaching experience in Finance, Accounting and courses listed on duties and responsibilities. A teaching demonstration will be required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop and adapt classroom materials to meet students’ needs; strong interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, and organizational skills; the ability to work independently and contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a team; and the ability to follow institutional policies, rules and administrative procedures relating to student services. Evidence of teaching experience and effectiveness. Successful on-campus interview and teaching demonstration. Commitment to equity and diversity. Successfully complete a background check: Criminal.
PREFERRED: Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. It is preferred that the candidate have experience in teaching/working in a higher education environment and/or experience living overseas but not required.
Faculty need to be able to prepare course outline and syllabus, develop course and lesson plans, engage in the selection of textbook and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of the courses. Courses will be taught in English. No Mandarin Chinese language proficiency needed.
Screening Process: Applicant must submit a cover letter, resume, copies of registrar issued transcripts for all degrees conferred, two letters of reference. Chosen applicants will be invited for an interview and teaching demonstration. Final applicants will undergo background screening.
Submit application items to michaelyeucbcec . You will receive a confirmation email once items are received.
• Cover Letter/Letter of Application
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Reference Letter 1 & 2
• Transcripts & degree conferred
Apply by January 10th, 2020 but posting will remain open until filled.