PGCE or equivalentFields of Expertise:
Elementary , Kindergarten , Art Salary:
ABOUT THE WINGATE SCHOOL
The Wingate School a British International School in Mexico City which offers an educational programme focused on academic excellence, creativity and human formation. Its highly qualified staff of international teachers provides personalised attention. The school aims to form a community of critical thinkers who have a multicultural perspective and social commitment.
Its curriculum incorporates best practice from British, Mexican and international education to provide a comprehensive programme that promotes excellence and creativity in science, humanities and art.
TWS is a lay and co-educational school with an important focus on human values and formation.
Students receive personalised attention, focused on developing self-discipline, leveraging technology as a tool and forming a social conscience.
TWS teaches the International Early Years Curriculum in Kinder, the International Primary Curriculum alongside Cambridge Primary Mathematics and English in Primary, and is currently carrying out the accreditation to become a Cambridge International School. The school is a member of the Latin American Heads Conference (.lahc), was awarded the Foundation Level of British Council’s International School Award and was recently named “One of the 10 best international schools in Latin America” by The Knowledge Review.
The school is looking to appoint the following positions.
The post would suit either an experienced or a newly-qualified teacher.
• Kinder classroom teacher
• Lower primary classroom teacher
• Upper primary classroom teacher
• Part-time primary art teacher
Regarding the candidate, we are looking for:
• Native, or near-native, English speakers preferably with knowledge of the British and/or IEYC/IPC curriculum
• A child-centred approach
• A collegial perspective
• Enthusiasm and initiative
• Sound teacher qualifications. PGCE or equivalent. (Please note teachers who only hold TEFL, CELTA or TESOL will not be shortlisted for interview).
• Pre-primary / primary experience (and references)
• A relevant post-grad and/or international experience is highly desirable
• A cheerful, professional, hard-working and well-presented person, capable of inspiring confidence in pupils and parents
• Enjoy rising to the challenge inherent in a school environment
• An awareness of the demands of teaching a diverse student body and a commitment to fostering high academic achievement
• Good communication and ICT skills
• Calmness and efficiency, with the ability to work under pressure at times
• Commitment to the all-round ethos of the School, including its co-curricular activities and School of Character approach
• A competitive salary
• Good benefits package including private medical insurance, school meals, life insurance, supermarket vouchers, tax-free matched savings scheme, paid holidays, paid personal days, scholarships for children of staff, professional development opportunities, staff transport routes, parking, and others
• Work visa sponsorship
• Settling in support for teachers who come in from abroad: 30 days temporary housing, housing allowance, 40 kilos of luggage reimbursed, assistance with opening a bank account
• Supportive school environment at an academically outstanding school with opportunities for professional development
• Strong and broad academic programme in a well-resourced school
• Once a week after-school Spanish lessons for staff
Child protection and safeguarding
The Wingate School is committed to the protection and safeguarding of children. As part of the recruitment process all candidates will be asked to carry out relevant background checks.