University degree or master’s degreeFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Elementary , Kindergarten , High School , University , Math/Physics , Salary:
KINDERGARTEN, PRIMARY AND SECONDARY TEACHERS
- To teach diligently and faithfully the classes or subjects assigned to the Teacher by the Principal by the School’s yearly schedule as published by the School.
- Create a lively, communicative atmosphere in class which is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Encourage diligence, organization, responsibility, self-reliance, co-operation, teamwork, honesty, understanding, and tolerance in students.
- Ensure appropriate behaviour of students in class and around the school.
- To ensure that the attendance of pupils for every school day is recorded in the teacher portal supplied by the School.
- Maintain student records in accordance with the school policies and the guidelines issued by the Vietnam MoET, Ministry of Education and the Western Australia School Curriculum and Standard Authority. This includes assessment records, progress records, classroom planning records (such as a daily planner), curriculum planning, as designated, attendance information, curriculum scope, and sequence.
- Write, supervise and mark tests and exams as appropriate; produce weekly, end of term, yearly, transfer and other necessary reports, as required by the Principal.
- Review student progress weekly and, where appropriate, provide additional academic assistance for students as an extension to the instructional part of the day;
- To participate in a program of activities other than classroom instruction that advance student; education and education-related goals, and includes but is not limited to activities having to do with school-related sports, arts, and cultural activities;
- Cover for absent colleagues when necessary.
Duties as assigned by the BoD and HoS
- Teaching days/year: 210 days
- Working hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, plus occasional staff meetings and training.
- Hours of teaching: 25 hours/week (equivalent to 36 periods/week, scheduled periods are normally 40 minutes in length) including 3 hours/week participate in the after-school activities
- Position begin: in September
- Contract Term: 2020 - 2021
- Probation Period: 2 months from date of commencement
- Starting salary range: Salary will be discussed once a potential teacher has been through the initial interview.
- National holidays: 10 days
- Annual Leave: 10 working days (please refer to the website to see the school calendar with school holiday dates).
- School holidays: 8 days
- Accommodation: Housing allowance will be discussed once a potential staff has been interviewed and a Letter of Offer has been given.
- Flights/Transport: Flight to Ho Chi Minh City at the beginning of contract and flight home at the end of contract. Provide the Teacher’s return airfare assistance between Ho Chi Minh City and the appropriate zone area yearly.
- Medical Benefits: Medical insurance provided where applicable.
- Child Education Benefit: The School shall waive the tuition fee, at WASS only for one dependent child and apply a discount of 50% of tuition fee to each additional child.
- Referee request: Required.
- Background Check: Required.