English Teaching Position at SABIS® in Erbil
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , ESL to Children , Secondary English teacher
Details: The International School of Choueifat in Erbil is recruiting an English Teacher for August 2022.
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
The English Head of Department is responsible for ensuring proper, consistent, and successful implementation of the SABIS® methodologies and systems, assuring efficient and accurate analysis of results within the English department, training teachers, and providing them with constructive feedback when needed.
• Managing a teacher substitution for absent staff to ensure that classes are being taught according to the lesson plans
• Checking SABIS® AMS results and analysing students’ performance, following-up on failed concepts and any errors that may have occurred during the testing sessions
• Conducting class observations on a daily basis to ensure that the SABIS® point system is being applied as well as providing feedback to the teachers on their performance
• Meeting with the relevant staff to check on students’ progress and develop action plans to improve results further
• Following up on teachers’ complaints with the AQC and or School Director
• Assigning marking and managing timetables for teachers in order to ensure an equal distribution of workload
• Ensuring that all teaching materials (pacing charts, sample questions, basic questions, lesson plans, exam TTs etc…) are available for teacher usage
• Conducting the performance appraisals of the teachers in coordination with the AQC(s), developing and following up on improvement plans
• Reviewing and/or suggesting the teachers’ classroom assignment at the beginning of the year for the different classes in order to make sure we have the most suitable teacher in each section
• Conducting teacher training workshops to improve their subject knowledge and teaching methods for specific concepts while using the SABIS® system
• Providing feedback to the regional centre on pacing charts, exams, curriculum etc.
• Organizing and managing in coordination with AQCs and SLC the academic support sessions for the academically weak students
• Ensuring that all teachers are following the pacing charts in a timely manner and developing action plans for those who are falling behind
• Ensuring that all classrooms displays, corridors are well kept , updated and appropriate
• Ensuring that students receive their exam schedules, revision material, SABIS® AMS , periodic and final study list as per the pacing chart
• Submitting weekly report to the School Director and AQC regarding the teachers’ performance
• Planning periodic exams schedules in conjunction with AQCs and the Regional Centre to ensure all exams are being conducted in the appropriate timings and the right frequency
• Performing such other related tasks or projects as they arise and as delegated by the SABIS® school management.
• Bachelor degree in a related subject matter; masters is a plus
• Teaching certificate is a plus
• Native English Speaker
• 3+ years of teaching experience (SABIS® Experience is a plus)
• MS Office needed components
• Communication Skills
• Ability to work within a team
• Exciting and fulfilling career path
• Professional development
• Global transferability
• Medical Insurance
• Summer Vacation
• Annual Leave
ACADEMIC MATHS, SCIENCE, AND ENGLISH TEACHERSEMG Education is looking for skilled and dedicated teachers who are enthusiastic about creating engaging and interactive lessons. We have the largest community of teaching expats within Vietnam, and we provide a safe and rewarding experience for our new teachers. Vietnam is a country that has handled the COVID-19 pandemic very well amidst difficulty, where the majority of people have been able to return to normalcy. This is a unique experience that allows our teaching staff to broaden their horizons in a professional manner.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Category: Academic Maths, Science, and English
Job type: Full time, day time working hours
Competitive contracted salary;
Transport to and from teaching locations provided by the company;
Up to 23 paid holidays per year – 11 public holidays and 12 days annual leave;
Health and social insurance according to the Vietnamese applicable law;
The opportunity to travel and live in a foreign country, under a very controlled pandemic, and learn about a new culture.
Teach English, Maths, and Science for students from primary to high school level;
Create engaging and effective lesson plans based on the curriculum plans provided;
Actively participate in the production and sharing of learning resources with teaching colleagues working at EMG;
Monitor students’ progress and provide regular reports regarding their participation and progress;
Create multi-faceted lessons that engage students and develop their team working, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Be a native-speaker and hold a valid passport from English-speaking countries;
Have completed a four-year program university (B.A., B.S., et cetera);
Have an accredited TESOL, CELTA, or TEFL certificate;
Have a clear background check;
Have experience working in academic environment;
Possess qualities of diligence, flexibility, open-mindedness, cultural sensitivity and patience.
Please include the following with your application:
Statement of intent/cover letter
Copy of degrees, certificates
Scan of information passport page
Updated criminal record check
A recent photo
All employees are required to follow COVID-19 restrictions as per Vietnam law, including masks and mandatory quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam. APPLY
Certified Online English TeachersWe are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate online English teachers to coach, tutor, and help students achieve their language learning goals.
Join a fast-growing community of over 200,000 students all over the world!
Work from wherever you are, at your own schedule... No more time wasted commuting, adjusting to other people's schedules or being managed by others. At Preply, you will be your own boss.
How to apply:
- Click “Apply” on the Preply platform to be redirected to the registration page
- Write a short description about yourself
- Upload your best headshot
- Describe your strenghts as a tutor
- Record a short video introduction to let students get to know you (up to 2 minutes long)
- Upload your certifications
- Set up your availability
Once registered, the Preply team will evaluate your profile and activate it within 3 working days. As easy as that!
What you will do:
- Teach English to Preply worldwide students
- Follow Preply lesson plans or create your own when not availabe
- Make sure to update your availability on Preply calendar
- Make sure you are punctual to your lessons
- Participate in our free webinars to get the most of the platform
- Enjoy your time as a Preply tutor!
- Proficiency in English
- University degree, English Certificate CELTA / DELTA or equivalent qualification in English language teaching
- Experience teaching 1-on-1 online classes with proven results
- Experience creating assessments and tests (Preply will provide a placement test and check-in tests)
- Be energetic, patient, responsible and cheerful (we're a truly lovely bunch!)
- Provide comprehensive materials and resources to meet students’ needs
- Have a high-speed internet connection
What's in it for you:
- You set the price! Choose your hourly rate
- Teach at your own schedule, from wherever you are
- Access to over 200,000 students from all over the world
- Get tutor support from Preply’s Customer Service
- Access to Preply’s platform for tutors: check your performance, payment integration, Google Calendar synchronisation, training webinars, courses, and so much more!
Being a Tutor on the Preply platform means you are subject to Preply's Terms of Service, which you will be able to access on our website.
32,000 Graduates StrongWhat differs SeriousTEFL from all others?
Our genuine Job Board where schools confidently hire our graduates!
SeriousTEFL courses are the most technologically advanced online programs in the industry and we were the first to offer the courses exclusively online.
Designed and implemented by experienced teachers whom have traveled and taught in various countries, subjects and levels. Our programs practical applications aim directly at the core of what is needed for you to become an effective ESL teacher. This is accomplished by offering the initial know-how and confidence which is imperative for teaching your very first class and continuously building from this platform throughout your teaching career.
Techniques for Teaching Comprehension
Techniques for Teaching Pronunciation &; Vocabulary
Techniques for Expressing Ideas to English from any language
Techniques for Teaching Idioms
Teaching Techniques for Writing
How to find & teach your own students(private accounts)
Classroom Preparation & Teaching Tips
Teaching Business English
*Diploma Final Exam website