Principal - Zhenjiang Maple Leaf Int. School
Fields of Expertise: Elementary ,
Details: Maple Leaf International School – Zhenjiang invites applications from school leaders who thrive in intercultural environments to apply for the position of Principal. Zhenjiang is located on the southern bank of the Yangtze River near its intersection with the Grand Canal. Its major natural resource is water and the city has a population of approximately 3 million. MLIS Zhenjiang is located approximately one hour west of Shanghai by fast train.
Maple Leaf International School-Zhenjiang is a Maple Leaf World School offering the Maple Leaf World School Program. The school admits students from Zhenjiang as well as from around China that are interested in studying abroad, have a strong work ethic, and sufficient ability to study in English and to learn gaining the Maple Leaf advantages.
The current enrolment is approximately 200 students. Students are enrolled in either the Maple Leaf World School Program or the ESL Grade, based on their language proficiency. Upon graduation, students will receive the Maple Leaf World School diploma.
The successful candidate will be attracted to this unique opportunity will meet the following requirements:
Required Education and Experience
• Completion of a Masters degree or evidence of enrollment in a Masters program;
• Teacher certification from a recognized granting agency;
• Minimum of three complete years of successful teaching in accredited schools and at least two years of administrative experience;
• Familiarity with the technology used in supporting student learning and experience with differentiated teaching practices related to inclusion, diversity and teaching students with exceptionalities
• Ability to create a strong team amongst a group of experienced staff
• Ability to work in an intercultural setting where building relationships with all partners that share the facilities will be critical to the success of the program and the school
• Knowledge of current curriculum, instruction and assessment strategies
• Qualifications and demonstrated ability to teach at the secondary level
• Intercultural communication skills and a desire to live and work in China
• A willingness to engage in student recruitment activities and activities which profile the school within the community
• Familiarity and experience with Student Management Software
Application: Please ensure you have the following documentation in your application for this 3-year renewable leadership position
• Resume and cover letter, including two references who have supervised your school leadership
• Proof of valid teaching certification
Copy of photo page on passport (to determine Chinese work permit eligibility)
Back to all Jobs
SeriousTEFL with Exclusive Jobs for Our GraduatesWhat differs SeriousTEFL from all others?
Exclusive Jobs for Our Graduates
Available exclusively to our 120-hour Diploma graduated students. All of our graduates will have full access to contact our employers and recruiters with active teaching positions from over 150 countries.
48,000 Graduates Strong