English Language Instructor (Full Time)
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru)
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , Curriculum Developer , High School , University ,
Details: Job Summary
Reporting directly to the Academic Director or Academic coordinator, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centers curriculum with assistance from the AD or AC, Instructional Specialists and Senior English Language Instructors; for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the AD or AC; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
• To teach any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director or Academic Coordinator.
• To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
• To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
• To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
• To co-ordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
• To know and adhere to Center policy and procedures and to communicate local policy to associate English Language Instructors.
• To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
• To maintain performance and attendance records.
• To maintain Center resource materials and files
• To refer non-academic problems to the appropriate person(s).
• To be willing to observe for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the programmes.
• To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
• To participate in the employee evaluation process (classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
• To provide Associate English Language Instructors with assistance.
• To develop and /or refine teaching materials at the local level.
• To participate in activities during the English Language Instructor’s scheduled class hours and when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities
• To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
• To substitute in emergency situations when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the AD or AC.