1. I have heard that TEFL type online courses and degrees are not as
recognized or as good as in-class ones; is this true? + -
Well, there is a lot can be said about this issue but we’ll try to address it as brief as we possibly can. First, we need to ask the following questions:
a) Was living in caves better than man-made homes?
b) Was riding horse-driven buggies better than cars?
c) Was communicating via Telegraph better than Telephone?
d) Is corresponding via letters/postal mail better than email?
e) Is getting the news via newspapers better than Television or
f) Is searching via Encyclopedias better than Internet?
Human advancement from their old versions to new have always been opposed by those afraid of change and loss of status/profit as the result.
There are rumors that schools worldwide do not recognize TEFL type online degrees!
That is only slightly correct, because presently they only account for less than 5% of all educational establishments worldwide and this is decreasing everyday. Referring back to our above a-f points; such establishments are the ones themselves trying to buy time by viciously attacking and discrediting online courses so they can catch-up and adapt themselves to the new online market.
Well structured TEFL type online courses
a) are by far cheaper,
b) do not require traveling,
c) are convenient and can be taken at student’s own pace.
2. What is the difference between TEFL,TESOL,CELTA etc. courses? + -
The creators and designers of such acronyms and courses tend to claim that theirs is better than others for obvious reasons. However, they all refer to the same original acronym and course; TEFL “Teach English as a Foreign Language”.
3. Do I really need a TEFL type degree? + -
Yes. This is the most common question from teachers. A few years ago this credential was not as necessary as it is today. Many schools require it, as well as various countries request this from the schools for VISA and immigration purposes. Therefore, TEFL
degrees have become mandatory and this includes even if you have other
highly regarded credentials. Additionally many schools will not even consider
candidates for their vacant positions who do not have such TEFL type degrees.
4. Are SeriousTEFL courses recognized? + -
Yes. Due to our excellent reputation amongst International Employers, Educational Agencies and Associations, SeriousTEFL is recognized by employers worldwide including hundreds which directly accept our Certification via our job board and sister site www.seriousteachers.com
5. Why would I take either of these courses? + -
There are several reasons to take our course as opposed to others.
- We are the only ones whom offer completely automated courses in the industry. All lessons are automated to have you advance once you complete them, including the mid-term and final exams which are also automated for grading. This makes them the most user friendly TEFL courses in the market.
- Our courses are the only ones that will give you practical lessons and strategies that you can actually use in the classroom and not just in theory.
- These courses were developed by ESL teachers with over 100 years of combined teaching experience for various levels, ages and countries, including the founders of SeriousTeachers.com. Their wide range of knowledge is embedded in every section of these courses.
- Immediate recognition by thousands of schools that advertise with us making job placement inevitable.
6. How long are these courses? + -
Our Certificate program is 80 hours and our Diploma program is 120 hours.
7. Which course is better suited for me to take; 80 or 120 hours? + -
This area is up to each individual teacher. Many schools accept either but some institutions do require 120 hours to make sure that the teacher has covered all bases. It is a good idea to decide which countries and the type of positions you are applying for in order to reach a conclusion in this area. As you can see by examining the study modules and what they include; both courses are very complete. The 60-hour course offers a Certificate and, the 120-hour course offers a Diploma. The degree that you receive upon completion will indicate as such.
8. What are some of the differences in content between the Certificate
and Diploma courses? + -
The Certificate course studies all the base modules in order to be prepared to teach ESL. The Diploma course includes the same modules as the Certificate but also covers 6 extra modules and focuses on specific areas such as teaching Business English and ESL for Children. With the Diploma course there is also one additional exam.
9. Do you help with job placement?
Yes. Simultaneously, with your SeriousTEFL registration you have the option of submitting your profile/resume to SeriousTeachers.com
in which, you can start applying for all available jobs as well as all employers will examine your resume. We are the most efficient and popular job site in the market. Our unique state-of-the-art website enables employers to find the teachers they are looking for and teachers to find the jobs they desire. By completing our Certificate or Diploma course increases your potential and expands your credentials.
10. How much do SeriousTEFL online courses cost? + -
The price of the 60-hour certificate course is $185 US.
The price of the 120-hour diploma course is $245 US.
LIMITED TIME OFFERS and granted Scholarship shall override above prices.
Upon graduation either degree will be sent out via priority mail.
11. How can I make payment? + -
We offer a variety of online payment systems including Credit Card, PayPal and we also accept Western Union or Bank Wire Transfer.
12. Once I make payment, when would I be able to begin my course? + -
Access to the course if paid by Credit Card would be within 12 hours. If by Western Union or Bank Wire Transfer, it would be upon receipt of payment. You must inform us via email that the payment has been dispatched.
13. How & when will I receive my Certificate or Diploma? + -
It will be sent out to you via priority mail upon passing the Final Exam. It usually takes approximately 10 to 20 business days to arrive, depending on the country.
14. How can I verify that my degree has been issued by an authorised SeriousTEFL training centre? + -
Anyone can verify the authenticity of SeriousTEFL issued Certificates
and Diplomas by entering the following link and introducing the Graduate ID located at the bottom left corner of
the corresponding certificate or diploma:
15. How can I prove to my present or future employers that I have graduated and earned my TEFL Certificate or Diploma? + -
16. Where can I see some sample lessons and exams? + -
Once you register and before you choose to activate your course; you can examine the sample lessons for the first three modules and as well as a sample question to one of your exams.