Fields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Polyglots & Musicians
Details: As Greenhill continues to expand, we are seeking fun-loving and adventurous, yet experienced and career-minded, performers and instructors to teach with us here in Wuxi (Jiangsu Province) and, if interested, selected franchises.
Unlike your typical cookie-cutter, factory-esque language institution, we offer instructors a lot of leeway in discovering their talents during their teaching careers with us. We especially welcome those with musical talent to jam with us (and hold salon classes) in our Greenhill Coffee Shops, assist in the creation of our video productions, and teach small classes in our modern and extremely comfortable teaching environments. If you have a flair for an altogether different ESL experience and want to have some fun while you’re here, Greenhill just might be the right fit for you.
If this sounds interesting, please read on ...
Founded in 1979, Greenhill International Language Consortium is a foreign-owned and operated, all-level, multiple-languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean ...) school headquartered in Wuxi (Jiangsu Province), China. We offer instructors a positive, transparent Western-style work environment that offers Chinese-learning, management and self-growth opportunities for flexible, charismatic and qualified applicants.
At Greenhill, we teach both children and adults; during our hands-on training orientation course, we work with you to identify your ideal ”child-to-adult class teaching ratio.” People who prefer adults are given mostly adults and those who like to teach children more are given more child classes; however, we prefer multi-talented teachers who can teach both adults and children. As noted, we are also currently seeking face-to-face and online instructors with charisma who dare to teach outside the box.
• Brand new facilities
• A clean sleek Western modern look and feel
• Technology-driven classrooms and instruction
• Laid-back atmosphere & cool international colleagues (50% British, 40% U.S. & Canadian, 10% other)
What we provide for you and “on the job perks”:
• Comfortable furnished apartments close to your school’s location
• Chinese language instruction (we will make you fluent!)
• Airport pick-up, orientation, assistance in applying for working (teacher) *Z-visa and free training
(*We are a designated ”instructor” FEC issuance authority, so your Z visa will not be issued under another company or person’s name in another location.)
• A monthly ”take home” salary of 9,000 RMB/month
• 7,000RMB bonus per contract year (paid 3500 every 6 months)
• Visa fees
• Medical insurance
• 20 days paid vacation
Typical Work Week:
The typical work week is 40 hours; maximum 25 teaching (however, we tend to overstaff so actual teaching hours average less than 20+/-) and 15 office hours with two days off. Our curriculum is 97 percent pre-written - but we welcome talented teachers the chance to implement creativity into the classroom. We believe in small classes, so we keep student numbers down from one to six; office hours are used for learning Chinese, sipping coffee and jamming with us at our Greenhill Coffee Shops, working on short-term curriculum or filming projects and ”hanging out.”
Whom we are looking for:
• Talented, flexible individuals who dare to be themselves in the classroom
• Bachelors Degree holders or higher (TEFL ... certificates preferred)
• Can provide a Non-Criminal Record background check from their local police station
• Diverse teaching and life backgrounds
• Open-minded, tolerant and charismatic individuals who want to learn Chinese with us
• People who are willing to learn, challenge themselves, experience new opportunities and work in a cohesive teaching unit
• Dynamic, flexible, reliable and enthusiastic self-starters
• We highly value attitude, flexibility and teamwork at Greenhill.
• Musicians, polyglots and German-speakers are especially welcomed!
Want to know more and see what Greenhill is all about? Search “Dr. J Youku Greenhill” to view our thrice-weekly video show.
Here is a possible timeline for once you join our great team at Greenhill!
• Teacher training and orientation at our headquarters in Wuxi
• Initial intensive Chinese language training
• We ease you into your schedule after showing you around town.
Whom Greenhill teaches:
• We teach a wide spectrum of students (children and adults).
• We offer small classes to learners of various languages.
• We run regular salon classes and get-togethers in our Coffee Shops.
• Our curriculum is mostly plug-and-play with state-of-the-art e-zines.
Interested in making music with us? Send us a simple CV/Resume, attach your passport photo page (feel free to block the passport number), and a scan of your latest degree diploma (optional). We will do our best to respond to arrange a Skype interview