Fields of Expertise:
Elementary , High School , ELA, SOCSalary:
Title of Position:
Humanities teacher (ELA & Social Studies Grades 6-10, Remote)
Minh Viet Academy (MVA) is a US-based virtual school that provides a K-12 American education to students currently living in Vietnam through distance learning over Zoom and Canvas. We are proud to be one of the best paying online schools while remaining extremely affordable to our underprivileged students in Vietnam.
Part-time, Working hours: 7:30 am - 9:30 am EST (6:30 am - 8:30 am EST DST)
Effective Date of Employment:
$30/hour base, 0.75 multiplier for lesson preparation and planning ($52/55-min live lesson). We put you on payroll and pay some regulatory fees and taxes.
MVA has an immediate need for a highly-qualified certified ELA/Humanities/Social Studies for Grades 6-10 to teach live online classes four days a week M-Th, year-round. Each live class is 50 minute. A teaching assistant will assist you with grading and class management.
This is a part-time position with no additional benefits.
· Develop and deliver ELA and Social Science lessons based on the curricula provided
· Engage with students during live lessons
· Communicate with the Instructional Designer to customize the course to your needs
· Deliver online instruction via Zoom and Canvas Monday to Thursday from 07:30-8.30 and/or 8.30-9.30 (EST)
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields
· Teaching certificate
· Experience in ELA, SOC
· Experience in delivering distance learning
· Reliable internet
Applicants should apply with a CV and a cover letter. A video clip of the applicant’s teaching an online session would be greatly appreciated. We will contact you for an interview if you are a good fit. If selected for the job, you will receive some paid training before you begin.