bachelor’s degree and TEFL/TESOL certificateFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , Salary:
APAX English launched in Vietnam in May 2015. Our program brings a new style of curriculum and standard that is raising the bar of English education in Vietnam. With an emphasis on critical thinking, creativity, and character traits for success, our program is entirely unique. This makes it a fun developmental experience for both teachers and students.
APAX English has just opened its 100th English Centre and is continuing to open more centers across Vietnam this Summer. APAX English offer the most rewarding teaching experience including charity involvement, ongoing teacher support by foreign management, pioneering bonuses for smaller cities, a competitive salary offer plus benefits as well as an 18 to 21-hour teaching week which guarantees teachers a work / life balance and the opportunity to really discover Vietnam.
We are currently hiring more teachers for grand opening centers in July, August and September. Growing a center from scratch can be very rewarding and management positions will be opening imminently.
• Native English Speakers
• Original Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
• Original ESL teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL,CELTA) OR a teaching
certificate (Apax has systems in place to assist with TEFL qualification
• Able to provide a background check less than 6 months old from your home country or last country of residence
• Able to pass a health check required by the Vietnamese government
• Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (No lesson planning is required)
• Classroom management
• Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
• Attending and contributing to training sessions
• Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc.
Salary & Benefits:
• Opt-in Start up bonus 25,000,000 VND ($1000) paid within the first month
(upon legal document submission within 14 days of contract signing)
• Entry level salary range from 32,000,000 VND (from $1200 depending on
classroom experience) for 18-21 teaching hours per week and up to 25-30
hours per week including administration
• Over-time hourly rate of 525,000 VND ($23)
• Monthly accommodation allowance of up to 3000,000 VND ($130)
• Small-city stipend up to 3 450,000 VND (city dependent) ($150)
• Quarterly KPI Bonus up to 2 000,000VND (depending on classroom
• Expert Teacher bonuses (based on optional professional development
• Completion Bonus: 10,750,000 VND; pioneering bonus potential for smaller cities ranging from 8,000,000 VND to more than 56,000,000 VND (~$800-$2400)
• ~20 vacation days
• Work permit reimbursement upon 12 month completion
• Average class size of 10-16 students
• Program training provided
• Opportunities for advancement (not only teaching)
• Ongoing teacher support
With over 100 centers in more than 25 cities across the North of Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City, we can offer you the best start to an ESL career.
How to apply:
1. Formatted CV
2. University (bachelor’s) degree certificate
3. TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/teaching certificate
4. Passport photo page
We have all the systems in place to obtain visas, work permits, qualified to teach and prepared to live in Vietnam.