REAL Equivalent English
Teacher of English to speakers of Bahasa Indonesia
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL , Elementary , Curriculum Developer , ESL to Children , IELTS and TOEFL PBT/iBT examination preparation
Details: In compliance with Indonesian employment and immigration policies, we are unfortunately only able to consider Qualified Teachers of English from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, and the USA.
The successful candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree/Post-Graduate Degree in Linguistics/Languages or equivalent.
Hold a CELTA/TEFL/ESOL certificate
At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
▪ Classroom management
▪ Course and lesson planning
▪ Subject knowledge
▪ Understanding your learners
▪ Learning technologies
▪ High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to a user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band
8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module
▪ University/undergraduate degree (i.e. BA or BSc in any discipline)
▪ TESOL/TEFL certificate
Preferably Supervisor/Coordinator specialized in Education or equivalent.
Purpose of the job:
1. To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English to speakers of Indonesian
2. To support the aim of growing the total number of students and improving student retention rates
Support the REAL Equivalent English strategy by
• delivering teaching to the highest standards of ELT
• enhancing IONs International Education reputation as a national authority in ELT
• engaging in continuing professional development and sharing of best teaching practices
• Ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations
• Ensuring teaching meets Teaching Quality standards and organisational expectations
• Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
• Supporting the teaching centre’s marketing, sales and promotion activities
Teacher’s key performance Indicators:
1) Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles
2) Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy
3) Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses,
materials and related services, in order to meet students’ needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team
4) Complete teaching-related administrative tasks to specified standards
5) Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning, and maintain REAL Equivalent English position at the forefront of best ELT practices
6) Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students’
understanding of the study, work and life abroad in English speaking countries.
7) Support local marketing and promotional strategy, and assist the management team in delivering excellent customer service as well as to conduct placement and simulation testing and marking.
Teacher’s Key relationships:
• Language Coordinator
• Chief Academic Officer
• Education staff
• Marketing and Events
• Customer relationship officers
• REAL Equivalent English teaching team and teachers from other branches
• Wider local and online EFL community
• Head of Branch and education staff
• Educational partners (universities, state and private schools, local authorities in DIY
Experience in teaching relevant age groups:
▪ Young learners aged 6 to 10 (200+ hours)
▪ Teens aged 11 to 16 (200+ hours)
▪ Adults 17 to 21 (200+ hours)
▪ IELTS exam preparation courses (200+ hours)
*REAL Equivalent English is a centre of professional development for both local English teachers and mother tongue English speaking teachers. Candidates who are applying should be prepared to undergo an induction period of two weeks and significant professional development through e-learning, a peer mentoring programme or gain additional qualifications. REAL Equivalent English’s minimum requirements for general teaching posts is two years of work experience.