Bachelor, IB certificateFields of Expertise:
ESL/EFL , French , Science , Math/Physics ,
1. University degree with teaching emphasis or completion of teacher preparation program.
2. Professional teacher certification.
3. Teaching experience in Grades 10-12.
4. Professional commitment to be coming an exceptional teacher.
5. Teaching experience at the DP level of International Baccalaureate
Reports To: Head of School, Assistant Head of School, and Principals
Interfaces with: Administrators, colleagues, faculty, staff, students, and parents.
Supervises: Students, student activities and Educational Assistant, if assigned.
To ensure that each student achieves academic success, develops a lifelong love of learning and
becomes a responsible citizen in a global community. This goal will be accomplished through the
offering of an enriched American curriculum taught by a highly qualified faculty committed to
motivate students and work in partnership with parents.
Ongoing Performance Responsibilities:
• To model and encourage a culture of kindness.
• To display a wide variety of developmentally appropriate teaching strategies that meet
individual student needs and abilities:
• Effectively meets the learning needs of late-entering students, ESLstudents, students with low
academic ability and those who are gifted and talented;
• Skillfully uses verbal and non-verbal communications;
• Previews and communicates learning objectives to students in a clear, logical and sequential
• To display evidence of superior preparation for classroom instruction:
• Creates and utilizes appropriate materials for instructional purposes;
• Assesses and adjusts the classroom environment to provide for a variety of learning styles;
• Provides a variety of information which enriches the curriculum;
• Shows written evidence of preparation upon request.
• To display competence and confidence in using media and technology:
• Effectively uses computer instruction for both self and students in order to integrate and
enhance classroom lessons;
• Seeks ongoing instructional technology staff development opportunities.
• To plan and implement strategies that encourage student self-discipline, reinforce appropriate
behavior, manage disruptive behavior constructively and allows for grouping of students in the
most efficient way to support learning objectives:
• Skillful in keeping students on the learning task;
• Adaptive, flexible and creative in situations that are caused by a variety of individual student
• To monitor and supervise safe and appropriate student behavior at all times for ALL students
throughout the school.
• To bring out the best in students by continually monitoring their work:
• Returns assessment results promptly, gives written comments and provides group and
individual feedback on all assignments
• Provides specific evaluative feedback with reinforcement and encouragement.
• To motivate students to achieve beyond previous performance levels.
• To set high expectation standards that are appropriate for each student’s ability level.
• To model and encourage cultural awareness and understanding.
• To recognize the need for appropriate classroom humor.
• To display the ability to create and maintain enthusiasm for the love of learning.
• To demonstrate a concern for students and seek to celebrate their accomplishments.
• To provide leadership in curriculum and instructional development:
• Serves as a role model, takes advantage of opportunities to learn from others and keeps
abreast of developments related to teaching;
• Promotes good working relationships with others through active leadership and sharing of
ideas, materials and experiences.
• To promote good rapport with students, staff, parents and community:
• Respects the confidentiality of student and staff concerns
• Keeps parents informed of their children’s progress.
• To work cooperatively with colleagues in order to connect learning across subject disciplines.
• To demonstrate accurate and up-to-date knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
• To maintain superior work attendance.
• To cooperatively adhere to school policies and implementing regulations.
• To recognize the importance of the after-school activities program and assume responsibilities
in that program.
• To be self-motivated and assume responsibility willingly.
• To be willing to expend effort and energy beyond the typical school day.
• To attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
• To perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
Examine all 3 ads by this employer