Must be EU Citizen or have EU Work Permit to apply!
UndergraduateFields of Expertise:
Summer Camp , Education
Summer English language camp
WHAT FOR? To teach children and young people, aged 10-17, the English language and
engage them in activities strengthening the knowledge.
WHERE? Latvia, city of Saulkrasti
WHEN? August 2 to August 13, 2017
Are you interested? Please, continue reading!
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AND WHERE?
Language camp ENGLISH EXPLORER will take place from August 2 to August 13 in
Latvian seaside city of Saulkrasti, which offers its visitors picturesque sunsets over the
Baltic Sea and white sandy beaches as far as the eye can see!
The camp will invite children and youth of ages 10-17 from Latvia and other countries to
learn English and spend 12 days of their summer without a care in the world! Apart from
classes, they will have the opportunity to travel to nearby locations, such as picturesque
Sigulda vicinity and medieval Turaida castle, guided tour to Riga and so much more!
You can find out more about Language camp ENGLISH EXPLORER adventures in 2016
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU?
• To be a leader! As our volunteer, you will be all in one – a language teacher, activity
leader and group leader. Perfect overall experience, isn’t it?
• To engage! Maybe you already have experience participating in similar camps? This
might be your opportunity to share your international experience with others and enhance
• To show initiative! The theme and “backbone” of the lesson programme will be
provided for you but you will have to create tasks in order to teach the material yourself.
Your pupils will be of various language proficiency levels (groups from Beginner to Upper
• To be responsible! You will share responsibility of other staff to watch after the
children – during classes and activities together with you.
• To be a genuine people-person!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
• Assistance – there will be a certified teacher from Latvia on site to assist you with
materials and advice. You will be guided on lessons plans and you will receive a help
and advice during the lessons if needed. We ensure you that the assistance you will get
will be helpful in your future career.
• Briefing – you will arrive one day early, stay in a hotel in Riga (cost of this one extra
day/night will be also covered by us) and undergo a brief training. Please, know that you
may arrive earlier or leave later than required, however, those expenses would then be
covered by you.
• Transportation – we will compensate up to 250 EUR of your plane ticket and transfer
from the airport to the camp.
• Accommodation and meals will be provided for you in a convenient hotel on site of
the camp. (More information on camp site: http://minhauzens.lv/en/gallery/ )
• Experience – you will engage in teaching and activities with children of different
nationalities and to work with international team.
• Your work evaluation from our head teacher
• Recommendations from camp administration and, more importantly, from the
Did you see yourself in this description?
Please, inquire for more information or apply by e-mail linkturslinkturs.lv BEFORE
MARCH 1, 2017.
We would like to see your CV, motivation letter and any number of suitable
recommendation letters if you can provide them. We will book Skype meetings with
candidates we shortlist for the second round.